Asus Zenfone Max is one of the budget smartphone launched in India few days back which comes with good specifications and gives you a better battery performance for the price. For this price, the specifications are good and the overall performance is outstanding. The phone comes with many inbuilt apps which make the phone usage easier. Hence, I decided to give a review of this smartphone and here it goes.
Asus Zenfone Max Review:
Display, Size, Color, Design and Look:
- The Phone comes with a leather back case and metallic side frame. The backside leather finish has ASUS logo in it.
- On the right side, we have Volume control as well as Power button.
- On the top, we have 3.5mm headphone jack.
- On the bottom, we have Mic and charger/USB port.
- Screen Size of Zenfone Max is 5.5 inches with HD (1280 x 720) IPS display and it comes with full-screen lamination. The Glass is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Bluelight Filter has embedded for Eye Care.
- On the top of the screen, we have Earphone, sensors, LED notification light.
- The Phone is available in White and black color variant.
- Bottom of the screen has 3 control buttons Home, Back and Menu.
- Last but not the least we have 5 MP selfie camera on the top of the screen.
The design looks traditional.
RAM, Processor, Memory:
- The phones come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 at up to 1.2 GHz per core processor.
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM which makes the processing faster. During the first boot, the phone has 1.1 GB of RAM free.
- Internal Storage of the phone is 16GB, so you can install many apps as you like, don’t worry about the internal space. Out of 16GB, the user has 10GB free during the first boot.
- You can extend the memory up to 64GB using the microSD card.
- 5 GB of Asus Webstorage will be provided for the lifetime.
- In addition, to the above, ASUS is offering 100 GB of Google Drive storage up to 2 years for its customers.
- Zenfone Max comes with a 13MP camera with Laser Auto Focus. The camera quality is really good for this price.
- Dual LED real tone flash allows taking pictures in the Night.
- Multiple preloaded modes are available to take pictures in different conditions.
- You can also take Slow motion and Time-lapse Videos with Zenfone Max.
- The front camera is 5MP with wide viewing angle, which makes selfie better.
Checkout out the Camera Samples:
Overall the camera performance is so good when comparing to the other smartphone in this price range. You can also take Slow motion and Time-lapse Videos which adds value to the phone camera.
- The battery is one of the notable features in this phone, as it holds 5000 mAh Li-Polymer (non-removable) battery.
- In normal and average usage, the phone battery stands for 2 days without any charging.
- Reverse Charging is possible which means you can charge other phones as well using Zenfone Max. More power optimization options available.
Other Technical features:
- Dual micro Sim (LTE + WCDMA) = (4G + 3G + 2G). Both SIM suppports 4G.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating System
- Sensors: Accelerator, E-Compass, Proximity sensor, Hall sensor, Ambient light sensor
- UI: ASUS ZenUI 2.0 with over 1000+ software enhancements like Themes Store, Easy/Kids/SnapView modes, ZenMotion – Tap tap to wake up and sleep 24/7 ZenUI apps
- Instant update from Google Play Store and ZenUI apps with over 30 Million users
- Wireless & Location : LTE Cat4, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, aGPS, GLONASS,BDS
Apps & Themes:
Asus Zenfone Max comes with many preloaded apps and you can install over thousands of themes from Asus theme store either via online or if you have the theme file you can install it offline.
You can connect pen drives to your phone anytime using the OTG cable. Don’t have OTG cable, no worries the phone comes with OTG cable.
Inside the box we have
- Phone with inbuilt Battery
- Charger with removable USB cable
- USB OTG Cable
- User Manual and Warranty Card.
Note: There are no headphones inside the box.
The price of Asus Zenfone Max is Rs.9999.
Where to Buy:
You can Buy ASUS Zenfone Max through Flipkart or Amazon India.
When comparing ASUS Zenfone Max phone with the same price models in the market, it has the best specifications. The main aspects of the phone are Battery, Camera, Touch and Storage. Overall its one of the best smartphone for the price of below ten thousand.
Share your thoughts about this phone.
Disclaimer: The post contains my very own opinion about the phone.