Google announced a major update on its social networking site Google Plus. Google Plus is not only a social networking site, but it also provides an authorship tool to associate web-contents directly with its author/owner, which is also known as Google Authorship. Google+ update brings two main features which is new to Google Plus namely Google+ Stories and Google+ Movies.
With Google+ Stories, you can combine your photos, videos, places and make it interactive to share it with your followers and friends. Checkout the live Stories example here.
With Google+ Movies you can produce a highlight reel of your photos and videos automatically by including dynamic effects, transitions and a soundtrack too. Check the live example.
You can get started with Stories and Movies on Web, Android and iOS. Get the Google+ on Android and iOS.
Features added in Google+ Update for Android:
According to the changelog, below are 9 features added in Google+ update for Android.
- Auto Awesome Stories now combine your photos, videos and the places you visit into beautiful travelogues.
- Auto Awesome Movies are now available on Android, iOS and the web, so lots more people will receive highlight reels of their photos and videos.
- You can now create animated GIFs and photo booth-style images on demand. Just tap the new plus button in Photos, and select either Motion or Mix.
- Really big photo libraries are now supported on Android, so you can access your many thousands of photos quickly and easily.
- You can now browse your entire photo library, as well as your highlights, by date. Just drag the new scroll bar to move forwards or backwards in time.
- Profiles now display total content views on both Android and the web. (You can choose to show or hide this number via settings.)
- A new navigation menu makes it easier to switch between your favorite circles and communities, as well as other places in the app.
- It’s a lot easier to share content from your phone or tablet. To give it a try, just tap the new pencil icon at the bottom right of the stream.
- The app menu now slides away as you move down the stream, letting posts fill the entire screen.
To get started with Stories and Movies, you can simply back up your photos and videos to Google+ and that’s it. Auto Awesome will get to work in the background and you will be notified when a story or movie is ready.