Gmail 5.0 a major update for Gmail after several months with material design and exchange support released by Google, which is an expected update as Android 5.0 Lollipop is going to hit globally soon. Now Let’s see how to add Non-Gmail accounts in Gmail 5.0.
How To Steps:
1. Tap on the Menu button inside the Gmail 5.0 app and scroll to the bottom and click on Settings –> Now choose Add account
(or) simply tap on the down arrow right to your account name and then choose Add Account.
2. Now it will prompt you to choose the type of account you want to add. Choose your option from the available three options
- Google [Gmail or Google Apps]
- POP/IMAP [Yahoo, AOL, other mail services, etc.,
- Exchange [Work Mail Address]
3. After choosing the desired option, enter the mail id and then tap “Next” and Choose the Mail option POP/IMAP/Exchange and proceed to enter the password. (or) If you know that POP/IMAP/Exchange settings choose “Manual Setup” from the main page.
4. The app will detect the major mail server settings, in case your mail server details are not fetched or if you’re using a custom/own domain emails, just get the POP/IMAP/Exchange settings details from the provider and enter those details when it prompted, which is nothing but your Incoming and Outgoing mail server settings.
Also, make sure that the mail you are adding using POP/IMAP/Exchange is enabled with the desired options on your mail service provider.
Do let me know your doubts via comments.