In windows 8 if you have installed any other OS with it, you can control the default operating system and define the time to display the list of operating systems. Also you can control what needs to be done when system failure occurs. Lets see how to Control/select startup and default operating system in windows 8.
How To Steps:
1. Right Click on My Computer and Select Properties.
2. Now Click System Protection from the Top Left Corner.
3. In the Pop Up navigate to Advanced Tab.
4. Now Click under Startup and Recovery Select Settings.
5. Now Choose the default operating systems from the drop and more to do with it.