By default, windows disable the feature of showing hidden files and folders. But if you want to see the hidden files and folders, you can manually enable it. Let’s see how to do the same on various windows versions.
How To Steps on Windows 8 and 8.1 :
1. In Windows 8 you have a “Ribbon Menu” on the windows explorer.
2. Under “View” tab, enable “Hidden items” checkbox as shown in the screenshot.
How To Steps on Windows 8.1/8/7/Visat/XP :
1. Open Control Panel and navigate to the “Folder options”.
2. Under “view” tab in the pop up window, you have “Advanced settings”.
3. Here you can see “Hidden files and folders”, under this you have two options.
4. Click on the radio button on “Show Hidden files and folders” as shown in the screenshot and click ok.
Screenshot from Windows 8.1/8 :