Wi-Fi Tethering is one of the amazing feature from windows. But while sharing Wi-Fi as a hot spot in windows system or while sharing your Ethernet connection over WiFi, sometimes we may accidentally disable our Wi-Fi and facing the error like “The Hosted Network Couldn’t be Started” while executing “netsh wlan start hostednetwork” command. Lets see how to fix it.
Before you go checkout
- How To Make WiFi Tethering in Windows 8/8.1
- How To Share Ethernet Connection Via WiFi in Windows 8/8.1
There are multiple ways to fix this problem and let me share the 2 methods which solved the issue for me.
How To Steps:
Method 1 :
1. Open “Device Manager” and click on “View”-> “Show Hidden Devices”
2. Now navigate to “Network Adapters” and browse to “Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter”
3. Right click on it and choose “Enable”.
4. Now the hosted network is connected.
Method 2 :
1. Go To Control Panel-> Select “System and Security”.
2. Then Select “Device Manager” under “System”. or Open Run Window and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
Note : If your Wi-Fi adapter is not listed in the device manager you might need to restart your computer. The below 2 next steps are not really required, what you need to do is to enable your device now.
5. Select the “Power Management” tab.
6. Make sure Under the “Power Management” tab, the following option is checked (enabled): “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. If not just enable it and click ok. Now restart your PC and try sharing your Wi-Fi. In most cases this steps will fix the problem.