I think you’re all aware of Steganography. Lets see a short description about Steganography from Wikipedia.
Steganography (Listen) is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one, apart from the sender and intended recipient, suspects the existence of the message, a form of security through obscurity. The word steganography is of Greek origin and means “concealed writing” from the Greek words steganos (στεγανός) meaning “covered or protected”, and graphei (γραφή) meaning “writing”.
In simple words, Steganography is hiding something inside image. There are now lot of softwares available for Steganography.
In this tutorial we have made how to hide text in image using command prompt in windows using simple Dos commands.
It doesn’t require you to install any additional softwares. We have made this tutorial on windows 8 operating system and it will works in windows xp/vista/7.
Check out our video tutorial for better understanding.
a. Image file
b. Document that contains your hiding text [ document may be anything E.g.: txt, doc, pdf]
c. Windows Operating System
How to Steps :
1. Place the Image file [Note the image file size] and Document in a folder.
2. Zip the document file.
3. Open Command prompt and navigate to the folder you’re having the image and document zip file.
4. Now type copy /b imagefilename + zipfilename [filename with extensions]
E.g. : copy /b T2L.jpg + T2Lead.zip
How to Extract the document in image :
1. Open the image with zip tool [E.g.: WinRar]
2. Navigate to the image file location and Click on that image and extract the image.
3. There you can see the document inside it.
4. Extract the document and That’s it.
Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.
Comment your questions/clarifications, we will respond ASAP.
Note : Use this only for educational purpose.