Without using start menu or tiles how to open/launch the applications in windows 8 and also how to get the list of installed apps in a specific location. Here we have tutorial to do the same.
How To Steps:
1. Right Click on the Desktop and Click New->Shortcut.
2. Now in the prompted window type
in the location field and press next.
3. Now enter name as All Programs and Click Finish.
4. A new shortcut icon will be created in your desktop as below.
5. Open the shortcut and you can able to see all the installed apps in one place. You can also launch the applications from this place.