Windows is the widely used operating system around the world. We usually install the windows operating system using a bootable DVD. But nowadays notebooks are becoming popular and many notebooks are not having the CD/DVD drives with it. In this case you can install the windows operating system using a pen drive and it is small in size. In this tutorial i have listed the steps to make the windows operating system bootable in USB devices and this tutorial will be applicable on Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system.
1. Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool
2. Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system ISO file.
3. USB Device with atleast 8 GB. [ 8 GB Pen Drives recommended ]
How To Steps:
1. Download and Install “Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool”
2. Have the Windows 8.1/8/7 ISO in your hard disk.
3. Open “Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool” and Click on “Browse” button and select the ISO file from the directory you saved.
4. After choosing the ISO file Click “Next“. Next step is to choose the media type either “USB Device” or “DVD“. Well in this tutorial we are discussing about USB, hence Click on “USB Device” button.
5. Next Step Select the USB Device you want to make the Windows operating system bootable from the drop down. [Make Sure Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system requires minimum 8 GB USB drives to make a bootable operating system]
6. After selecting the USB Device, Click on “Begin copying” button to start copying the operating system to USB device.
7. Once the copying done, you can close the “Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool” and your USB device is ready. You can use it as a bootable device to install Windows operating system.
8. To begin install the operating system using USB device, Boot your PC with USB and begin install.
Checkout the Video Tutorial: