Windows have provided one of the tool to Publish our blog articles and that’s nothing but “Windows Live Writer”.
In others words “Windows Live Writer” is a desktop blog-publishing application which features WYSIWYG authoring, photo-publishing, map-publishing functionality and more.
Currently it supports and compatible with the blog service providers like Windows Live Spaces, SharePoint blogs, Blogger, Live Journal, TypePad, WordPress, Telligent Community, PBlogs.gr, JournalHome, the MetaWeblog API, the Movable Type API, Blogengine, Squarespace, and all blogs that support RSD (Really Simple Discoverability).
Now in this tutorial we have taken our site (http://www.techtolead.com as an example to how to Publish your blog articles through Windows Live Writer.
http://www.techtolead.com is a self hosted wordpress blog. We have made the video tutorial based on that and we will list of some of the features we are using in Windows Live Writer.
– Insert Read More [To Use Go to Insert Menu and select Split Post Option]
– You may select categories and add tags from Windows Live Writer itself
– You can insert video, photos and photo gallery to your posts
– You can add multiple accounts
– Live Post Preview with your blog template can be possible
– You can insert Maps
– and much more…
How To Steps:
1. Download and install “Windows Live Writer” from Microsoft and install it to your PC.
Before you start configuring your blog make sure you have internet connection.
2. In the File Menu -> Open Options Links and it will prompt a pop up window.
3. In the prompt windows select accounts and Click Add.
4. In the Add Window select the blogger Service Provider where your blog is hosted and go ahead to Next step.
5. Then enter the web address of your blog, then your admin username and password and go ahead to next step.
6. Now the Software automatically detect your blog settings, themes and all the necessary files and once completed you may go ahead to publish your posts to your blog.
For more clarification checkout the video tutorial.