To make a clone of a CD/DVD, we usually make a copy of the CD/DVD which is called as ISO image. ISO files is an archive file of an optical disc which has the data contents of every written sector of an optical disc, including optical disc file system.
Nowadays the operating systems are available to the users via internet as an ISO file, so that the user can download the iso file and make a bootable operating system. You can make iso file of any CD/DVD and not only for operating system. In other cases if you have an iso image file of a CD/DVD which contains a lot of folders and you want a particular folder or file from the iso file? In this case for a particular file or folder you can’t write the entire contents of the iso file in a CD/DVD file. Then how to view and extract the contents of a .iso files without CD/DVD?
Here is the solution. Using a WinRAR software you can view and extract the specific folder or file from an iso file without writing it to the CD/DVD. WinRAR is a popular data compression software. The software is distributed as a shareware and anyone may use it during a test period of 40 days at no charge. Lets see how to View & Extract the Contents of .ISO Files using WinRAR.
1. ISO file
2. WinRAR Software
How To Steps:
1. Download and install WinRAR software.
2. Have the .iso file ready.
3. Open WinRAR and browse to the location of the .iso file in the address bar.
4. Now Double Click on the .iso file you want to extract.
5. It will display the contents of the .iso file.
6. Now to extract any file or folder, right click on the specific file or folder and click “Extract to the specific folder”.
7. Choose the destination path to save the file or folder and Click “OK”
8. Now the specific file or folder is extracted to the destination path. That’s all.