In this tutorial we are going to show “How To View the Mac Address of Your PC, Wi-Fi, Ethernet in Windows”. Its simple to find all your network adapters Mac Address all together in Command Prompt.
Before we start let us give a small description about Mac Address from Wikipedia:
A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet. Logically, MAC addresses are used in the media access control protocol sub-layer of the OSI reference model.
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a number that identifies the network adaptor(s) installed on your computer. The address is composed of up to 6 pairs of characters, separated by colons.
Mac Address Sample : 00-90-F5-A8-84-19
Now Lets see how to find the Mac Address. In windows Mac Address is shown as “Physical Address”
How to Steps:
1. Open Command Prompt and type ipconfig /all and hit enter.
2. Now a complete list of all the IP, IPv4, IPv6, host name, Gateway and more details.
3. From the list You can find the “Physical Address” for all the network adapters[as highlighted in the screenshot]
Alternate way to get only the mac address :
1. Open Command Prompt and type getmac /v /fo list and hit enter.
2. Now you can see only the mac address[physical address].