Update : The stable official version of OS X Yosemite Was available as a Free Upgrade – Checkout OS X Yosemite – How To, Features, Requirements, Free Upgrade
[dropcap type=”circle” color=”#ffffff” background=”#e53b2c”] A [/dropcap]pple has released a beta version of its upcoming operating system OS X Yosemite. The version of this operating system is OS X 10.10. Yosemite beta version was already available to download from june to the registered members of the Mac Developer Program. Now for the first time Apple decided to allow the customers to test its beta version. As an initial process the beta program is available to the first million downloaders. This public beta version is stable to use, but still issues may occur and some third-party software will not work. To download this beta all you need is to be a member of OS X beta program.
How To Join OS X beta program:
To join the beta program, just sign up using your apple ID and once sign up completed, when the beta software is ready, you’ll receive a redemption code that will allow you to download and install OS X Yosemite Beta from the Mac App Store. When you come across an issue that needs addressing, report it directly to Apple with the built-in Feedback Assistant application.
To install OS X Yosemite Public Beta make sure your MAC device is running OS X Mavericks. Apple recommends to install OS X Yosemite Beta on a secondary Mac, since it may contain errors or inaccuracies. Please be sure to back up your Mac using Time Machine before you install the beta. This is beta software that is still in development, which means some applications and services may not work as expected. Some features require iOS 8, which is not being offered as part of the OS X Beta Program.
How To Download the OS X Yosemite Beta:
1. Navigate to the Yosemite Beta program homepage.
2. If you’re a new beta program member use sign up link, else click on sign in and login with your apple ID.
3. After sign in, read the guide and at the bottom click the blue redemption code button.
4. Once you’ve accept and read the information, the Mac App Store will launch then you can sign in and begin downloading the Yosemite Installer application, the size is around 5GB.
5. Once Download completed, you can check the downloaded file in the Applications folder. When installer opens, select the Yosemite partition, and click the install button. Carefully select the partition. Follow all the prompts, until your Mac restarts to complete the installation.