The Popular blogging tool WordPress is getting ready for its next release which is nothing but WordPress 4.0 which is scheduled to release by next month. Before releasing the final version of the product, wordpress always release its beta version to the developers, to make the product effective during its final release. Likewise WordPress 4.0, one of the major version of wordpress has its beta version for the developers. Developers can download the Beta Version from the official website here. You can also experience the beta version releases in your blog through WordPress Beta Tester plugin.
Features to be available in WordPress 4.0:
As it was one of the major release, wordpress developers has many updates, which makes the process simple and time-saving. Below are the list of features announced in WordPress 4.0
- Previews of embedding via URLs – You can get the preview of any URL in the visual editor as well as “Insert from URL” tab.
- Media Library – “Grid” view was added in addition to the list view. You can see larger previews, media browsing and navigation experience was improved. You can also bulk edit and delete multiple images.
- Plugin Install – You can avail the fresh Plugin Install page with many visual changes.
- Selecting a language – Now you can select your desired language while installing the WordPress.
- Widgets in the Customizer – It will be loaded in a separate panel.
- TinyMCE views
- Formatting Functions
- Improved Editor
If you are a developer and if you find any bug you can report it in the Support Forums.