This article is all about data recovery. Before I deep dive into this, I would really like to tell you the prominent usage of data recovery. Our life is made of memories. Though theoretically time travel exists, it does not work in the real world and the only way to go back to those memories is by treasuring those precious moments in the form of files, photos, and videos. Imagine the world of happiness you will be in when those memories get deleted and then recovered using the free data recovery techniques. Everyone will have their own priorities but I used memories as an example to highlight the importance of data recovery because that will hurt you when it is gone and at the same time it will give you plenty of happiness if those are recovered in a single piece.
Data recovery is the process of salvaging inaccessible data from the corrupted or damaged storage, removable media or files when the data they store cannot be accessed in a normal way. There are many data recovery software available on the internet and here I am going the review one of the best free recovery software by EaseUS.
EaseUs is a company and they are developing the recovery and backup software for more than a decade now. Also, they are offering their software’s for free with full features, but with limited usage size, which helps a lot. You no need to pay for the software.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the Software which can recover almost anything the user wants. The Best Recovery tool i can recommend for evryone.
I have been using this software for quite some time and it helped me a lot in recovering the important items. Here is my detailed review about the software, which will guide you about all aspects of the software.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Review:
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the secure and effective data recovery tools. This software not only allows you to recover the data from your system drives, but also it can recover the accidentally deleted data from many storage devices/disks which add value to the software. The EaseUS team has classified the recovery process for three different scenarios and they have designed the software to recover the data in any of these situations.
Deleted File Recovery:
This scenario includes deleting the files by pressing the delete key or shift+delete key or emptying the recycle bin.
Unformat and Raw Recovery:
This scenario includes accidentally formatting disk, partition or other storage devices. File lost due to hard drive crash, software crash, unexpected power loss, system crash or windows reinstallation.
This scenario includes partition loss due to repartition, boot manager, improper clone, system restore, disk accident etc.
The easy to use functionality and UI of the software adds more value to it.
Key Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Software:
- You can pause and continue your scan at any time.
- You can filter your search by file name, type, date to find files quickly.
- You can preview the files to check their details and quality of the file before you decide to recover them.
- With EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, you can recover the data from PC/Laptop, Harddrive, External disk, USB drive, Digital Camera, Music/Video Player, Memory card, Pendrives, iPod, Camcorder, SSD and many other storage media due to deleting, formatting, hard drive damage, software crash, virus attacking, partition loss or other unknown reasons.
- It will never cause any damage to your device or overwrite your data.
- It Supports FAT(FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2, ext3, HFS+.
- It creates disk images to assist in the file recovery.
How To Use:
Using the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is easy to everyone. You can recover your data and files with 3 simple steps.
Launch the Program > Scan Your Device > Preview and Recover the data.
I have listed the detailed steps on how to use the software.
1. Launch the program.
2. Select the file types you want to recover [All the common file formats are classified into 6 different categories, including Graphic, Audio, Document, Video, Email and Other.] and click Next.
3. Select the location from which you need to recover the file. You can any storage mediums like Desktop, Windows Libraries, Hard Disk Drives, Lost Hard Disk Drives, Memory cards, pen drives, etc., and click SCAN.
4. Now the system will start scanning for the files, it will be real quick. The files which can be recovered will be displayed in the software, you can just choose the files, preview, and recover.
Deep Scan option can be used, in case the file you want was not listed in the basic recovery scan or the file is corrupted.
Note : DO NOT install the software on the drive/disk where you lost your data, otherwise those lost files and data will be overwritten.
Also, check out Free Sandisk Recovery Software.
System & Hardware Requirements:
This software can be installed any PC because it requires the least system configuration to work. Below are the detailed
Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003
File System: FAT(FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2, ext3, HFS+
CPU: at least with x86.
RAM: at least 128 MB.
Disk Space: the minimum of the space for installing Data Recovery Wizard is 32 MB.
On a side note, this software is also available for Mac/iPhone and Android operating systems.
File Formats You can recover with EaseUS Data Recovery :
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard supports maximum number of file formats which we use daily, includes documents, music, videos, images, email, etc.,
Free and Paid Version Comparison:
The main difference between Free and Paid version is the limit and support. EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard comes in three different versions.
Data Recovery Wizard Free – Which includes all the features for recovering the lost files, but you can recover up to 1GB of data in the free version.
Data Recovery Wizard Pro – This version includes Free lifetime upgrades and support, also no limits for recovery.
Data Recovery Wizard Pro With Bootable Media – This version includes Recover data after computer couldn’t boot up into Windows or other boot problems along with Free lifetime upgrades and support.
You can download the software from its official website here.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one of the best recovery software, which helps you in many critical situations. Even though it lacks some advanced recovery tools functionality, with only three steps and few clicks, you can recover your precious data. This software is easy to use. Also, it will never cause any damage to your device or overwrite your data. Go ahead and try out the free version right now, where you can recover up to 1GB of data and share your experience via comments.