By default Windows 8 operating System requires minimum 1024 x 768 pixel screen resolution to display the Windows 8 apps. But it is not possible in Notebooks and when you’re trying to open the windows 8 apps in your notebook, you’ll be getting an error like Screen resolution is too and change Screen Resolution [as shown in the screenshot]. But by default the notebooks have 1024 x 600 pixel resolution and we can’t open windows 8 apps.
How to fix :
By doing a little change in the windows registry you can be able to change your notebook screen resolution from 1024 x 600 to 1024 x 768 and even higher. After changing this you can be able to open the apps in your notebook’s itself.
We show you how, we made this tutorial. Check out our video tutorial for better understanding.
1. Open Registry in your windows 8 operating system.
2. To do so open Run and type regedit and hit enter.
3. Now Registry will open and now press F3 to open the search window.
4. In the Prompted search window, type DownScaling and search.
5. From the search result, open the display DownScaling item by double Clicking it.
10. Now from the Resolution Dropdown you will be able to change your screen resolution.
11. After Changing Click ok and now the screen resolution will be changed.
12. Now try opening the windows 8 apps and it will open.
13. That’s it.
Note : Do at your own risk as you’re going to make changes in the registry.
Comment your questions/clarifications, we will respond ASAP.