Many of the windows XP service pack 2 users may facing this Generic Host Problem when connected to the internet and the alert internet won’t work until you restart you PC. Here we came up with a solution for this.
How To Steps:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe)
2. Open Run and type: regedit and hit enter.
3. Now to fix this problem you need to close the two ports 445 and 135.
Close Port 445:
4. Locate the following key in the registry:
In the right-hand side of the window find an option called TransportBindName
Double click that value and then delete the default value. Save it as blank.
Close Port 135:
5. Then you must now navigate to the following registry key:
You will see there is a String Value called: EnableDCOM
Set the value to: N (it should currently be Y)
6. Close the Registry Editor and Restart your computer.
Well that’s all now the same problem won’t occur again in your XP service pack 2.