Frequently i’m writing tutorials/posts based on Twitter. In the continuation today i have made a post for Twitter Android users. Android users can see that the twitter app in their phone is using more cache memory and the memory will be consumed in your memory card. You can clear the cache memory of the app by navigating to “Settings > Apps > Twitter App” and then click “Clear Cache”. This process will clear the cache memory. You can also do the same process manually. Lets see how to do the same. By deleting the cache files manually you will came to known what are all the files consuming more cache whether tweets or photos or etc.,
How To Steps :
1. Install any File Manager app or go to any default file manager and navigate to “Android” folder.
2. Now go to “data” folder and search for the twitter folder. Usually it must be with the name “com.twitter.android”
3. “com.twitter.android” folder contains the cache files. Under this folder you can see sub-folders called “tweets, photos, mini, gallery, card”
4. “photos” folder will always consume huge size in your memory card. Go to the folder and here you can see all the files with .0 extension. Select all except “journal” file and delete all.
5. You can also do the same process for other folders too. But photos folder will consume high cache size and the remaining folders will be using only KB of memory.
Note : Be careful while deleting the files.
You can also view the photo cache .0 files before deleting – to do so checkout – How to Get all Pictures viewed in Twitter Android App