Now you can mirror/screencast your Android phone and tablet to the TV, so you can easy your photos, videos and apps bigger on your TV. Android Mirror is one of the announcement made in Google I/O 2014 Developer Conference. As per the announcement, Google made the official confirmation about the Android Screen mirroring in its blog.
Using this feature you can mirror your android phone or tablet to your TV using ChromeCast app and device. Currently mirroring is in beta version and available on selected android devices.
List of Phones supporting Android Mirror/Cast:
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 7 (2013)
- Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Play Edition)
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- HTC One M7
- HTC One M7 (Google Play Edition)
- LG G3
- LG G2
- LG G Pro 2
Support for more devices coming soon…
- TV with ChromeCast Device attached
- ChromeCast App version 1.7 or up on your Android phone or Tablet running Android OS 4.4.2 or higher
How To Mirror your Android device to TV:
1. Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network were your Chromecast device connected.
2. Open the Chromecast App on your phone.
3. From the navigation drawer, select “Cast Screen”.
4. Select your Chromecast. Now any screen on your phone will display in your TV also.
To stop Mirroring your screen:
From your notification drawer:
1.Access the notification drop down drawer from your Android device.
2. Select the “Disconnect” option on the notification bar.
From your ChromeCast app:
1. Reopen the ChromeCast App on your android phone.
2. From the navigation drawer, select “Cast Screen”.
3. Select the “Disconnect” button.