Koogeek is one of the smart Homekit accessory manufacturers, who makes most of the relatively low-cost products and helps the consumers to make their home more smarter with their wide range of products.
The company has a huge range of smart products which includes smart Door & Window Sensors, Environment Monitor, outlets, Fingerprint Lock, switches, bulbs, sockets, led light strips, power strips, smart scale, blood-pressure and more.
Recently, We got a chance to experience one of their smart product which is the Koogeek WiFi Enabled Smart LED Light Strip Review [LS1 Light Strip]. We have been using the product for almost a month and here is the detailed review.
Before we step into the review, do check the Key Features and the technical specifications of the product.
Key Features of Koogeek Smart LED Light Strip:
Works with Apple Homekit & Google Assistant
– Connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. No hub required. You can turn connected USB-powered light strips on or off, change colours or dim brightness using the Koogeek Home app, Siri, or the Google Assistant.
Control via the Powerful App
– With the Koogeek Home app, you can turn the connected light strip on or off, change colours, dim brightness, set schedules and timers, create scenes, set up automation, and more.
High Brightness & Energy Saving
– Powered by USB power sources, 60 pieces of 5050 SMD LEDs deliver up to 500 lumens of light. It is energy saving and featured with a lifetime of up to 25,000 hours. LEDs are coated with SGS certified environmentally friendly, soft, and high light transmittance PU glue.
Support Color Changing and Dimmable
– Offer 16 million colours to choose from and every colour is dimmable, you can match the light to your mood and personalize your home.
– Shape the 2-meter light strip to desired forms and use the adhesive tape on the back to attach it to most clean, dry and flat solid surface, such as your walls, beds, cabinets, TVs, sofas, and stairways. It can flexibly contour around corners and highlight architectural features. If needed, you can cut your Smart Light Strip to size at the scissor markings.
– Create scenes and control multiple HomeKit-enabled light strips with different light colours and brightness at the same time. Turn a scene on or off by tapping it, setting a timer or just asking Siri.
– Set custom schedules and timers for a light strip or a scene to turn connected light strips on or off at a specific time automatically.
– Wherever you have Internet access, you can remotely control and monitor the connected light strip with either iOS devices or Android devices. Compatible with iOS 9.0 or Android 4.3 or later devices.
Automate Light Strips(for iOS Devices Only)
– With the Koogeek Home app and on the same Wi-Fi network, without setting up any home hub, you can automate connected light strips or scenes to turn on or off through triggers such as time of day, HomeKit-enabled sensor detection, or the action of a HomeKit accessory.
Technical Specifications of Koogeek Smart LED Light Strip:
Certificate: CE-RED, FCC ID, MIC, RoHS, Wi-Fi
Material: 5050 SMD LED + 3M adhesive tape
Interface: USB connector
Input: DC 5V / 2A (Max)
Rated power: 10W
LED quantity: 60 * light emitting diodes
LED type: RGB SMD 5050 LED
Luminous flux: 500lm (Max)
Rated lifetime: 25,000 hours (22.8 years — based on 3 hours use per day)
Operating temperature: -10°C to 65°C (14°F to 149°F)
Home Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz ONLY)
- Free Koogeek Home App (available on the App Store and Google Play)
- To Control this Homekit-enabled accessory, iOS 9.0 or later is recommended
- Controlling this Homekit-enabled accessory automatically and away from home requires an Apple TV with tvOS 10.1 or later or an iPad with iOS 10.1 or later to set up as a Home Hub.
- To control this product with your Android Device, Android devices running on Android 4.3 or later is recommended.
Koogeek WiFi Enabled Smart LED Light Strip Review:
Design and Package:
The product looks similar to the other LED strips available in the market. The LED Strip consists of 60 LEDs and the strip is 2-meter long. The strip contains some additional cord and a single physical button controller, which can be used to control the light manually. The LED strip is powered by USB, hence there are no additional adapters. The USB cable was attached next to the button controller. USB Powered Capability makes the device more convenient to plug it any source like TV, PC, Laptop, Power Bank, etc., The light on the strip appears very bright, crisp and produces vivid colours as well as warm to cool white temperatures.
The package is compact and inside the box, we have the led strip and quick start guide.
To set up, the led strip is very simple and straightforward. With the use of Apple HomeKit or the Koogeek application set up can be completed in just a few minutes.
– Plug the LED strip to the power sources
– Both of the applications look similar, just tap add + (plus) button in the top right corner of the application and follow the on-screen instructions to reveal the setup code scanner.
– Once the scanner opens point the camera with the setup code on your Koogeek device which can be found attached to the quick start guide.
– Once you have scanned your code the application will locate the device. Tap to select the device and let Apple HomeKit app will do all the rest of the work.
– Once the light has been added you can create a custom name for the device, add it to a specific room inside your home, and toggle to include it in your favourites.
The LED Strip consists of 60 Lights and 2-meters in long. The strip can be placed on any place with the help of adhesive running along the entire back of the light strip portion. Hence, mounting the light is easy. Also, if you left the LED strip is long, you can able to cut the extra lights, but keep in mind that only the portion with the controller will be functional. Also, if you want to extend the light, for now, there is no option for extension of the strip. Koogeek mentioned that this light is for internal use only, hence avoid installing the light in any of the outdoor areas.
The koogeek official app offers quick access to the brightness slider and also you can choose your desired colour [16 million dimmable colours] from the colour wheel tab. The app also offers a photo option, where you can add upload photos and let the app automatically select a single colour that represents the photo.
Price and Buy Links:
The Koogeek Smart LED Light Strip is available at $25.99 [Price may vary slightly] and you can buy it from the below links.
Koogeek WiFi Enabled Smart LED Light Strip is one of the worth checking smart light with is compatible with Apple Homekit and Google Assistant. Even though the LED strip lags some features, but for the price, the strip is considerably quiet good with the features.
If you have doubts or clarifications about the light, please feel free to comment. If you already own this device, please share your views and feedback.