OnePlus has pushed the new beta update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T users will a bunch new features. The most notable feature in the beta update is the Face Unlock feature. After OnePlus 5T and 5, now the company has pushed the update to its 2016 flagship devices. The new beta update is an oreo based update (which available under Beta 21 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 30 for OnePlus 3 devices). The beta update includes Face Unlock feature, AirTel VoLTE support for India, Switch application, bug fixes and many more.
- Launcher Updated to v2.3
- Drawer categories
– You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging
– When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
- Dynamic Icon for Clock
– The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Notification dot optimization
– The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
- Launcher usage tips improved
We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher
- Support for Airtel VoLTE in India
- Face Unlock function added
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore
- We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Airtel VoLTE feature may not work (have coverage) in some areas
- Some third-party camera applications may not fully work with this update
The update is 223 MB in size for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices. If your already a beta user, then the OTA update is already started rolling out on your devices. If you are not a beta user, then don’t worry, you can get these updates via a manual flash of the beta ROM on the devcies. To flash it manually, you can download the beta ROM from its official website.
Please do note that this is a beta ROM, soon we are expecting the stable ROM from the company. If you want to switch back to stable ROM from beta, then it requires a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache).