Apple announced it next version of operating system for Mac users, which is named as OS X Yosemite [10.10]. At the iPad launch event on October 16th 2014, apple has announced this operating system version and it will be available as a free upgrade for Mac users through Mac App Store. 3 months back apple has released the public beta version to all the developers/testers to experience the new version and report the bugs to fix. I have also posted about the OS X Yosemite Public Beta. Now the stable version of the operating system announced to all Mac book, iMac users. Hence i have made this post to cover the notable features, system requirements, how to steps on download, etc.,
“OS X Yosemite is the most advanced version of OS X we’ve ever built, with a brand new design, amazing Continuity features, and powerful versions of the apps you use every day,” – Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering.
Now lets see the notable features of OS X Yosemite.
- Design & Look – Yosemite has a fresh new look which is elegant. Checkout the video of new look here.
- Improved Notifications
- Iconic Dock
- Streamlined toolbars
- Translucency to certain interface elements
- New interface with sleek design for Safari Browser
- Better Spotlight
Mac and iOS :
You can do the things many things together using your OS X Yosemite and iOS 8. Below are some of the new features you can do with OS X Yosemite and iOS 8/8.1.
- You can make, receive calls from Mac [iPhone with iOS 8/8.1]
- You can send and receive SMS from Mac [iPhone with iOS 8.1]
- Handoﬀ – Start writing an email on your iPhone and switch over to your Mac without losing your place. [iPhone with iOS 8/8.1]
- Enable Instant HotSpot [iPhone with iOS 8.1]
- AirDrop – Sharing files is more easy
1. If you have any mac device from the below list, then you are eligible for this upgrade.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
2. OS Version – check the device running on any of the earlier version of Mac OS, then you can upgrade to OS X Yosemite.
- OS X Snow Leopard (v10.6.8)
- OS X Lion (v10.7)
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8)
- OS X Mavericks (v10.9)
How To Upgrade:
1. Navigate to the OS X Yosemite page on the Mac App Store.
2. Click the download button and follow the instructions to start download.
3. Once the download completed, OS X Yosemite installer will launch.
4. Choose Continue and accept the license agreement.
5. Now Select the harddrive [by default it should be Macintosh HD]. Click Install and it will complete the installation process in sometime.
Size : 5.16 GB
Languages Support : English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Let me know your views and experience with the new OS X Yosemite operating system via comments..