After the massive success of Redmi Note 3 smartphone, Xiaomi has recently launched their next version of redmi note series which nothing but Redmi Note 4. A few days back this phone was launched in India with three different variants. The flash sale of the device has started from yesterday. Now the company has released the first Android N based MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM for the device. The beta ROM is available globally and all the note 4 users can install the ROM and experiment the features.
According to the changelog, for now, the beta ROM is available only for Redmi Note 4. Also, few new features were added in this ROM. As you all aware that this is a beta version, so the ROM will not be stable and you may notice some issues and bugs. But still, if you want to experiment the ROM follow the below steps.
Android N based MIUI 8 Beta ROM on Redmi Note 4:
Before you start flashing the ROM, keep the below points in mind.
- Make sure to backup all the necessary data before you install the ROM.
- Make sure you have more than 50% of battery while flashing the ROM.
- Make sure you are on the latest MIUI stable/beta built.
You can download the beta ROM here.
How To Flash:
1. Download the ROM.
2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
3. Launch the “Updater” app on your device：
Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
4. After choosing the ROM file, your device will begin upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is completed.