Today [03-Aug-2016], Xiaomi has launched their new smartphones in India. The new models are Redmi 3S and its Prime variant. Xiaomi confirmed that these two new Redmi 3S phones are “Made In India” devices. Xiaomi is one of the top smartphone and smart devices maker in China. Redmi 3S series was initially launched in China and after few days from the launch, today it was launched in India. The phones are launched at a budget price starting from Rs.6,999. According to Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime are the first smartphones featuring the new Snapdragon 430 chipset.
“I am thrilled to be introducing a Redmi device today and once again change the game in the sub-10k smartphone industry in India. Redmi 3S packs a punch with a large 4100 mAh battery that easily powers through two days of usage on a single charge, and is the first smartphone in India powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor. Coupled with an amazing 13MP camera built into a premium metal finish body, we believe that Mi fans will love Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime for their amazing features at simply incredible prices.” – Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi
Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime:
Xiaomi has launched the two variants of Redmi 3S, where the difference between the two variants are memory and RAM, rest of the features are identical on both the devices. The phone comes with 5-inch HD display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC. The phone runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7. It has a full metal magnesium alloy design. Also, the phone packs 4100 mAh battery.
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB internal storage [Redmi 3S] / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD [Redmi 3S Prime]
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor [Redmi 3S Prime]
- Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery.
The phone comes in 3 different colors Dark grey, Silver, and Gold.
Price and Availability:
Redmi 3S is priced at Rs.6,999 [2GB RAM + 16 GB Storage] and Redmi 3S Prime is priced at Rs.8,999 [3 GB RAM + 32 Storage + FingerPrint Sensor].
Redmi 3S Prime will be available starting August 9th 12 PM IST and Redmi 3S will be available starting from August 16th through an open sale on Mi.com and Flipkart.
Related : Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime – FAQ